We offer comprehensive carrier IOT (i.e., mobile terminal protocol conformance testing and application testing). We have wide-ranging experience of evaluating and verifying LTE, UMTS, C2K, EVDO, GSM, WiMAX, etc. We also provide certification testing and support of FCC, PTCRB, GCF, etc. for overseas carriers.
|Carrier IOT – Test types
|Mobile terminal protocol conformance test
- Verifies that the Air Protocol operation is in compliance with 3GPP/3GPP2.
- Throughput measurement
- RF performance measurement (Antenna performance measurement)
- Checks the operations of pre-installed applications
- Checks the operation of proprietary applications
Carrier IOT (Interoperability Test)
The Carrier Interoperability Test (IOT) allows equipment suppliers to put mobile terminals into a network. Suppliers cannot sell mobile terminals unless the terminals pass the test specified by the carrier. In Japan, carriers usually define the carrier IOT for manufacturers, whereas overseas carriers use conformance tests developed by third parties (e.g., PTCRB and GCF) as the carrier IOT.
|Japan Novel – Carrier IOT: Track Record
||LTE, C2K, EVDO, GSM, UMTS, WiMAX, Wi-Fi
- IOT for UMTS and LTE at the docomo laboratory
- IOT for UMTS and LTE in their real network
- IOT for C2K/EVDO, GSM and LTE using a simulator
- IOT for C2K/EVDO, GSM and LTE at the au laboratory.
- IOT for C2K/EVDO, GSM, LTE and WiMAX in their real network
- IOT for WiMAX at the UQ laboratory
- Cell phone terminals (Feature phones)
- Android terminals
- USB dongles
- Mobile routers
- Communication modules
Tests are done by changing the test environment as follows:
Mobile terminal protocol conformance tester (BS simulator) → Test laboratory → Real network (Field test)
Carrier IOT – Test flow
- Test plan
- Examines details of the latest test specifications.
- Identifies the differences from former test specifications.
- Verifies the test method.
- Verifies the test items.
- Develops the questionnaire for the carrier.
- Develops the questionnaire for the manufacturer.
- Test –
- Executes the test.
- Pass/Fail - Determination
- Q&A/Negotiation with carrier
- Defect report
- Prepares the documents to be submitted.
- Develops the formal documents to be submitted to the carrier.
Expertise in the Qualcomm chipset
Japan Novel also develops protocols such as air-interface and data communication controls. In particular, we have extensive knowledge and experience with the Qualcomm chipset.
Embedded product development support for mobile terminals
▲ Mobile terminal development: Japan Novel’s area of specialty
Test automation system – Proprietarily developed
Japan Novel automates integration testing with the mobile terminal protocol conformance tester (BS simulator) by using Quality Commander, the test automation system developed by Japan Novel.
Embedded Software test automation system: Quality Commander
▲ Automatic integration testing by the mobile terminal protocol
conformance tester and Quality Commander. (Concept)
Inquiries by phone
Reception time 11:00-17:00 (Weekdays) JST
Inquiries in the form
Please feel free to contact us for any questions or requests.